The Lake County Community Fund Board of Directors met on May 24 to determine grant awards for its initial grant cycle. The LCCF awarded grants to eight local groups, totaling $20,000 in grant awards. Grant recipients were selected through a competitive grant application process.
The LCCF Board of Directors announces the following recipients of the LCCF’s 2017 Community Grant Awards:
• Friends of Twin Lakes awarded $1,498 for emergency response capacity-building for southern Lake County area community members, including critical medical and fire response training, as well as needed emergency response equipment.
• Full Circle of Lake County awarded $3,150 for youth drug and alcohol prevention programming that promotes positive skills and behavior by engaging youth in music, art and recreation.
• Leadville Main Street Program awarded $3,669 for its efforts to promote and revitalize Leadville’s downtown through a Shop Leadville marketing campaign and training.
• Mineral Belt Trail Committee awarded $1,165 for its summer project engaging local youth in a meaningful, outdoor work experience repairing and maintaining the Mineral Belt Trail.
• St. George Community Meal Program awarded $2,858 to support provision of free, hot meals to Leadville/Lake County’s most vulnerable community members.
• The Advocates of Lake County awarded $2,250 to help survivors of domestic violence establish self- sufficiency while leaving abusive relationships by providing food and transportation assistance as well as support for payment of medical fees.
• Cloud City Conservation Center awarded $4,500 to support the Healthy Homes Energy Project, bringing free health and safety improvements to Lake County families, while supporting local contractors and improvements to local housing stock.
• Tabor Opera House Preservation Foundation awarded $910 for sound and lighting needs at the Tabor Opera House.
Grant recipients are required to submit interim and final reports on fund usage and the project’s community impact. Grant recipients will be recognized and highlighted at the Lake County Community Fund’s annual Celebration of Community & Awards Reception. The tentative date for this event is Thursday, Nov. 16.