The following information was provided by the Colorado State Patrol regarding enforcement activities in Lake County.
- Trooper Donald DeLorme contacted Robert H. Gonzales, 50, of Leadville, for an equipment violation on U.S. 24, two miles west of Leadville, on Sept. 8. Gonzales was found to have an outstanding arrest warrant out of the Leadville Police Department. DeLorme arrested Gonzales and transported him to the Lake County Jail where he was held on a bond of $280 for the warrant. DeLorme also charged Gonzales with: drove motor vehicle when license under restraint; and driver’s vision obstructed through required glass.
- Trooper Donald DeLorme investigated a single-vehicle accident on Colo. 91 seven miles north of Leadville at 6:30 p.m., Sept. 10. Michelle R. Woulfe, 48, of Lakewood, was driving a Chrysler Town & Country minivan northbound on Colo. 91 when she struck a deer. The deer ran off, and Woulfe drove to a controlled stop on the shoulder of the road. No injury was reported.
- Trooper Donald DeLorme investigated a single-vehicle crash on U.S. 24 at 9:01 p.m., 13 miles east of Leadville, on Sept. 10.
Tyler L. Shaefer, 21, of Riverside, Calif., was driving a Toyota Tacoma pickup eastbound on U.S. 24 when it ran off the right side of the road. It collided with large rocks and then rolled one time, ejecting the driver. The driver was transported to St. Vincent Hospital in Leadville. Shaefer was charged with: drove vehicle while under the influence of alcohol; drove vehicle with excessive alcohol content of 0.08 or more; careless driving; and drove vehicle when safety belt not in use.
- Trooper Skylar Hoehn investigated a three-vehicle crash on U.S. 24 at East 12th St. at 5:20 p.m. on Sept. 12.
Gerardo Casas-Perez, 35, of Leadville was proceeding from a stop sign westbound onto U.S. 24 from East 12th St. in a Lincoln Navigator. Casas-Perez collided with Andrew E. Clough, 30, of Colorado Springs who was driving a Toyota 4-Runner eastbound on U.S. 24. Both vehicles then collided with Steven T. Squier, 47, of Leadville who was stopped on East 12th St. eastbound. No injury was reported, and Casas-Perez was cited for failing to yield the right-of-way after proceeding from a stop sign.
- Trooper Skylar Hoehn investigated a single-vehicle accident with a deer on U.S. 24 at 11:30 p.m., Sept. 12, 12 miles east of Leadville.
Joseph P. Altoonian, 54, of Salida was driving a Dodge Dakota eastbound on U.S. 24 when he struck a deer. The deer ran off, and Altoonian drove to a controlled stop on the eastbound shoulder. No injury was reported.